What is Ethereum 2.0 ?
- Proof of interest (beacon chain, Casper FFG)
- eWASM (Ethereum web aseembly)
Once Ethereum 2.0 is operational, it will support large-scale chain transaction throughput while balancing “decentralization” and “security”. With this foundation, Ethereum has the potential to become:
- a key component of the infrastructure for global value transfer;
- a platform for the new economic system;
- a hub for global collaboration
Vitalik summed it up with a superb sentence:
The blockchain is politically decentralized (no one can control); the building is decentralized (the infrastructure does not have a central point that can collapse); however, it is logically central (there is a state that everyone agrees with, though It transports resources on many computers, but the entire system works like a computer).
- Prysm – Development Team: Prysmatic Labs. Language: Go. Updates every two weeks and performs well.
- Lighthouse – Development Team: Sigma Prime. Language: Rust.
- Nimbus – Development Team: Status. Language: Nim.
- Harmony – Development Team: Ether Camp. Language: Java.
- Pantheon – Development Team: PegaSys, the protocol engineering team at ConsenSys. Language: Java. This team focuses on the Ethereum challenges, including the public chain, the scalability of the private chain, and privacy.
- Trinity – Development Team: Trinity team, leader is Piper Merriam. Language: Python.
These teams differ in the implementation of the Ethereum 2.0 specification. At this current stage, all teams are working hard to build a beacon chain client, a task at the heart of the Ethereum 2.0 vision.
Beacon chain works that has been completed so far includes:
- Beacon chain status data structure and persistence
- State transition per block
- Bifurcation selection
- Verification program shuffling
- Block proposer role
- Data structure serialization
- P2P protocol
Currently, the industry is discussing on a crucial thing: a common test language that encodes test cases, enabling researchers to define a set of tests with expected results, each team can verify its implementation against the specification, and each team will provide consistency between all teams.
- Each shard will be responsible only for the ordering of the transaction and the storage of the data.
- An overlapping execution process reads the transaction, executes the code, and writes the feedback.
- Execution overrides Layer 2 processes that may be built on top without being chained.
You might also like
More from News
Malaysia’s Pakatan Harapan is already fundraising Harapan Coin? What does Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak comment about it?
A paperwork and presentation on the Harapan Coin which utilises cryptocurrency and blockchain technology has been prepared and will soon …
Infinity Blockchain Labs (IBL) collaborative partners Fruitchain, Infinito, and GINAR, traveled to Selangor, Malaysia to attend TECHNOMART Blockchain: Adding Value through Blockchain that happened on …